Oktoberfest

Mark-36
The 177th Oktoberfest will take place later this year in Munich, Germany.  The 200th anniversary of this event will take place Sep. 18th - Oct. 3rd.  I plan on being there Sep 19th - 27th.  This e-mail is basically to send out feelers for anybody interested in going.  I already have one other non-LAB person very interested and anybody else is more then welcome.  The price for the flight and hotel is about $2,100.  I have been twice before and I'll let you know that it is the biggest and best party you will ever go to.  It actually started out as a wedding party for the King of Bavaria in 1810 and everyone had such a great time that they decided to hold it every year until people got tired of it.  200 years later and it is bigger and better then ever.  Munich is such a great city as well.

Anyway, if you are interested express that here, and we'll figure it out from there.

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Oktoberfest

Keaton-2
i would love to go this year, but im already planning on going to
Ireland in december.  I definitly will go next year.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Mark <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The 177th Oktoberfest will take place later this year in Munich, Germany.
> The 200th anniversary of this event will take place Sep. 18th - Oct. 3rd.  I
> plan on being there Sep 19th - 27th.  This e-mail is basically to send out
> feelers for anybody interested in going.  I already have one other non-LAB
> person very interested and anybody else is more then welcome.  The price for
> the flight and hotel is about $2,100.  I have been twice before and I'll let
> you know that it is the biggest and best party you will ever go to.  It
> actually started out as a wedding party for the King of Bavaria in 1810 and
> everyone had such a great time that they decided to hold it every year until
> people got tired of it.  200 years later and it is bigger and better then
> ever.  Munich is such a great city as well.
>
> Anyway, if you are interested express that here, and we'll figure it out
> from there.
>
> --
> * You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond"
> (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the
> sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded
> at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005,
> where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts
> from countless contributors.
> * To start a new thread on LAB, compose e-mail to
> [hidden email]. Replies can also be made to any thread,
> including this one. To change subscription settings, visit
> http://groups.google.com/group/lincoln-and-beyond/subscribe
> * Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly
> accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and
> all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

--
"What do you despise? By this you are truly known."
           -Manual of Muad'Dib

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Oktoberfest

EvilShroud Lyrics
I would love to go, but definitely can't afford it. I should get a
real job. Curse my hippy nature :p

Soldier_Medic wrote:

> i would love to go this year, but im already planning on going to
> Ireland in december.  I definitly will go next year.
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Mark <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The 177th Oktoberfest will take place later this year in Munich, Germany.
>> The 200th anniversary of this event will take place Sep. 18th - Oct. 3rd.  I
>> plan on being there Sep 19th - 27th.  This e-mail is basically to send out
>> feelers for anybody interested in going.  I already have one other non-LAB
>> person very interested and anybody else is more then welcome.  The price for
>> the flight and hotel is about $2,100.  I have been twice before and I'll let
>> you know that it is the biggest and best party you will ever go to.  It
>> actually started out as a wedding party for the King of Bavaria in 1810 and
>> everyone had such a great time that they decided to hold it every year until
>> people got tired of it.  200 years later and it is bigger and better then
>> ever.  Munich is such a great city as well.
>>
>> Anyway, if you are interested express that here, and we'll figure it out
>> from there.
>>
>> --
>> * You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond"
>> (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the
>> sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded
>> at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005,
>> where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts
>> from countless contributors.
>> * To start a new thread on LAB, compose e-mail to
>> [hidden email]. Replies can also be made to any thread,
>> including this one. To change subscription settings, visit
>> http://groups.google.com/group/lincoln-and-beyond/subscribe
>> * Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly
>> accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and
>> all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Oktoberfest

blersia
Administrator
What Shroud said. :(

I'll be lucky to make it to Minneapolis next month like I want to.