Daily LABformation

Gifv Suzwoxfwa

From the FreeBSD fortunes files

As soon as we started programming, we found to our surprise that it wasn't
as easy to get programs right as we had thought.  Debugging had to be
discovered.  I can remember the exact instant when I realized that a large
part of my life from then on was going to be spent in finding mistakes in
my own programs.
		-- Maurice Wilkes, designer of EDSAC, on programming, 1949

Percentage of 2010 completed (UTC): 12.12330%

[||||||||||||----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Seconds of 2010 completed: 3823205/31536000

Minutes of 2010 completed: 63720/525600

Hours of 2010 completed: 1062/8760

Weather

LINCOLN, NE: 24°F, Cloudy

CHICAGO, IL: 15°F, Partly Cloudy

DUNELLEN, NJ: 27°F, Partly Cloudy

CORPUS CHRISTI, TX: 50°F, Mostly Clear

MINNEAPOLIS, MN: 7°F, Some Clouds

Top Stories

  1. Bombs, booby-traps slow US advance in Afghan town (AP)
  2. Accused Alabama prof shot, killed brother in 1986 (AP)
  3. Bomb kills 9, wounds 57 at western Indian bakery (AP)
  4. White House weighs options for Sept. 11 trial (AP)
  5. Detained Americans seek distance from adviser (AP)
  6. Astronauts take 2nd spacewalk to hook up plumbing (AP)
  7. Anthem to delay insurance rate hike amid criticism (AP)
  8. Walls of water overwhelm N. Calif. surfing contest (AP)
  9. Practically perfect, Kearney beats Heil for gold (AP)
  10. Make it six: Ohno ties Blair for most US medals (AP)
  11. India says few clues to bomb, denies intelligence failure (Reuters)
  12. Clinton seeks more Arab pressure on Iran (Reuters)
  13. Games first golds won in wake of tragic death (Reuters)
  14. Chinese embassy gives info on lawyer says rights group (Reuters)
  15. String of Iraq bomb attacks target poll candidates (Reuters)
  16. Marines spearhead major Afghanistan offensive (Reuters)
  17. Obama keeps focus on deficit cuts in radio address (Reuters)
  18. Obama names U.S. envoy to Muslim world body (Reuters)
  19. Anti-Taliban offensive on track: officials (AFP)
  20. Suu Kyi deputy tastes freedom after seven years (AFP)

Word of the day

cupidity: eager or excessive desire, especially for wealth.

LAB members of the day

  • Kimberely Justiss, 93, Lincoln
  • Ara Felipa, 51, Lincoln
  • Thomasena Chischilly, 44, Lincoln
  • Conchita Antoniuk, 50, beyond
  • Olene Mcie, 57, beyond

Wikipedia statistics

Articles in English: 3,193,526

Registered users: 11,658,660

UNL news

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.