Daily LABformation

Gifv Suzwoxfwa

From the FreeBSD fortunes files

I went to a job interview the other day, the guy asked me if I had any
questions , I said yes, just one, if you're in a car traveling at the
speed of light and you turn your headlights on, does anything happen?

He said he couldn't answer that, I told him sorry, but I couldn't work
for him then.
		-- Steven Wright

Percentage of 2010 completed (UTC): 4.86303%

[||||------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Seconds of 2010 completed: 1533605/31536000

Minutes of 2010 completed: 25560/525600

Hours of 2010 completed: 426/8760

Weather

LINCOLN, NE: 29°F, Cloudy

CHICAGO, IL: 29°F, Light Fog

DUNELLEN, NJ: 49°F, Mostly Cloudy

CORPUS CHRISTI, TX: 68°F, Mostly Cloudy

MINNEAPOLIS, MN: 30°F, Cloudy

Top Stories

  1. More troops, aid go to Haiti, but hunger persists (AP)
  2. Obama joins honors for slain civil rights leader (AP)
  3. Taliban militants attack Afghan capital; 12 killed (AP)
  4. Pope John Paul II gunman released from prison (AP)
  5. Civil rights icon King remembered in hometown (AP)
  6. Both sides look to turn out voters in Senate race (AP)
  7. Strong earthquake felt in Guatemala; no damage (AP)
  8. Storms in Mideast kill British tourist, 6 others (AP)
  9. Cameron's `Avatar' wins best drama honor at Globes (AP)
  10. 3 star QBs and upstart Jets go for Super Bowl (AP)
  11. Gangs of looters prowling streets (Reuters)
  12. Obama scrambles to save Democratic Senate seat (Reuters)
  13. Kabul 'under control' after brazen Taliban assault (Reuters)
  14. U.S. poll: fewer see Obama advancing racial ties (Reuters)
  15. Al-qaeda says fighters alive, Yemen vows more strikes (Reuters)
  16. Moderate quake rocks Guatemala, Salvador; no damage (Reuters)
  17. Turk who shot Pope John Paul released from prison (Reuters)
  18. Flu pandemic easing, but risks remain: WHO (Reuters)
  19. Violence on the rise in Haiti, Red Cross warns (AFP)
  20. Militants launch multiple attacks across Kabul (AFP)

Word of the day

accord: agreement; harmony.

LAB members of the day

  • Marietta Paddick, 38, Lincoln
  • Eusebio Gaona, 96, beyond
  • Shalonda Sobol, 41, Lincoln
  • Jeane Schindele, 67, Lincoln
  • Gale Lotter, 97, beyond

Wikipedia statistics

Articles in English: 3,163,553

Registered users: 11,438,305

UNL news

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.