Beer

blersia
Administrator
I know we've had a beer thread in the past, but I'm curious about
everyone's favorites right now.

Personally, New Belgium Abbey is everything I like in a beer and
nothing I don't.  Fat Tire, 1554 and Mothership Wit come from the same
brewery (New Belgium in Fort Collins, CO), but Abbey is darker than
those.  The bottle describes it as follows (selected text lifted):

A Belgian-style "Double" Ale, mahogany in color, with a full body and
a distinctive fruity aroma.  Fermented with an authentic Belgian yeast
strain and refermented in the bottle to produce natural carbonation.
A small amount of live yeast remains in the bottle giving the ale a
freshness and fullness of flavor.

Abbey has instantly become a favorite of mine.  7% alcohol, not sure
on the ABV, but that and other info is just a Google search away.  I
would recommend any beer drinkers to look this one up and try it.
Fairly well-known brewer, at least around here, so it's not too hard
to find.

-Ben

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

blersia
Administrator
I'd also like to plug Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown.  It's
seasonal, though, and you guessed it: It's the season we're coming out
of.  I didn't try it until pretty recently, though... it is still
around for the moment, but who knows how much longer.  Probably on its
way out.  If you want to check it out before next winter, do it now.

-Ben

On Feb 23, 2:23 am, "Ben P." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know we've had a beer thread in the past, but I'm curious about
> everyone's favorites right now.
>
> Personally, New Belgium Abbey is everything I like in a beer and
> nothing I don't.Fat Tire, 1554 and Mothership Wit come from the same
> brewery (New Belgium in Fort Collins, CO), but Abbey is darker than
> those.The bottle describes it as follows (selected text lifted):
>
> A Belgian-style "Double" Ale, mahogany in color, with a full body and
> a distinctive fruity aroma.Fermented with an authentic Belgian yeast
> strain and refermented in the bottle to produce natural carbonation.
<Fuck phone interne

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

Kat-3
Don't drink alcohol so I can't voice my opinion. From my friends' opinions, Miller Light apparently tastes like piss.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:55 AM, Ben P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd also like to plug Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown.  It's
seasonal, though, and you guessed it: It's the season we're coming out
of.  I didn't try it until pretty recently, though... it is still
around for the moment, but who knows how much longer.  Probably on its
way out.  If you want to check it out before next winter, do it now.

-Ben

On Feb 23, 2:23 am, "Ben P." <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know we've had a beer thread in the past, but I'm curious about
> everyone's favorites right now.
>
> Personally, New Belgium Abbey is everything I like in a beer and
> nothing I don't.Fat Tire, 1554 and Mothership Wit come from the same
> brewery (New Belgium in Fort Collins, CO), but Abbey is darker than
> those.The bottle describes it as follows (selected text lifted):
>
> A Belgian-style "Double" Ale, mahogany in color, with a full body and
> a distinctive fruity aroma.Fermented with an authentic Belgian yeast
> strain and refermented in the bottle to produce natural carbonation.
<Fuck phone interne

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

--
Kat =^ ^=

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

blersia
Administrator
I agree with them.  Miller Lite is among my least favorite beers in
its class (huge name domestics).  Miller's not all bad to me,
though... I don't mind Miller High Life, and even enjoy a 40 of it on
rare occasions.  Bud Light is honestly my preference in that category
though, and has been forever.  I *used to* be weird about Busch Light,
but I've somehow flipflopped there... I'm human, it happens -- and
shit, it makes things interesting!  I do enjoy Busch Light
nowadays. :)

Why are you up at 4:30?  Well, I guess you are asian...

-Ben

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

Kat-3
Lol. About to go to sleep now, but the fact that I have 6 essays, a few hundred pages to read worth of articles amongst 2 classes, homework assignments to submit for two more classes and an exam all by Thursday or earlier, I need to stay up late. xD

[...]

This is how I know you're really Kat, and not some impostor.

Kat wrote:

> Lol. About to go to sleep now, but the fact that I have 6 essays, a few
> hundred pages to read worth of articles amongst 2 classes, homework
> assignments to submit for two more classes and an exam all by Thursday or
> earlier, I need to stay up late. xD
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Ben P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I agree with them.  Miller Lite is among my least favorite beers in
> > its class (huge name domestics).  Miller's not all bad to me,
> > though... I don't mind Miller High Life, and even enjoy a 40 of it on
> > rare occasions.  Bud Light is honestly my preference in that category
> > though, and has been forever.  I *used to* be weird about Busch Light,
> > but I've somehow flipflopped there... I'm human, it happens -- and
> > shit, it makes things interesting!  I do enjoy Busch Light nowadays. :)
> >

> > Why are you up at 4:30?  Well, I guess you are asian...

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

Dustin Grau

Back on topic, personal favorite is empyreans darkside. Love that rich taste. Im also know to love the seasonal sam adams oktoberfest. On the mass produced and always available side im a fan of rolling rock und. Und. UND BECKS!

sent from DROID

--

* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-f...

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

Mark-36

I know because that's not how a 400 pound person types.

On Feb 23, 2010 4:04 AM, "Ben P." <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is how I know you're really Kat, and not some impostor.

Kat wrote: > Lol. About to go to sleep now, but the fact that I have 6 essays, a few > hundred page...

--

* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-f...

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

Chris Landreth
I too love new belgium.  also dos equis and red stripe

Kat wrote:
> Lol. About to go to sleep now, but the fact that I have 6 essays, a few
> hundred pages to read worth of articles amongst 2 classes, homework
> assignments to submit for two more classes and an exam all by Thursday or
> earlier, I need to stay up late. xD
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Ben P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I agree with them.  Miller Lite is among my least favorite beers in
> > its class (huge name domestics).  Miller's not all bad to me,
> > though... I don't mind Miller High Life, and even enjoy a 40 of it on
> > rare occasions.  Bud Light is honestly my preference in that category
> > though, and has been forever.  I *used to* be weird about Busch Light,
> > but I've somehow flipflopped there... I'm human, it happens -- and
> > shit, it makes things interesting!  I do enjoy Busch Light nowadays. :)
> >

> > Why are you up at 4:30?  Well, I guess you are asian...

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun.  Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska.  LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained.  To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means.  In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Re: Beer

Kat-3
Lol Ben. xD That is true. Seems to be what I've been talking about my whole life.

Kat wrote:
> [...]

--
Kat =^ ^=

--
* You received this post because you are subscribed to "Lincoln and Beyond" (LAB), a relaxed, file-friendly discussion group about anything under the sun. Most members live or have lived in Lincoln, Nebraska. LAB was founded at Yahoo! Groups in September 2004 and moved to Google Groups in March 2005, where it has since remained. To date, LAB has received over 49,000 posts from countless contributors.
* Please note that LAB is actively archived, and all posts may be publicly accessible through search engines or by other means. In other words, any and all LAB content is likely to never disappear.

Red Stripe is legit.